Day 8: A Movie That Reminds You Of Someone

TOOTSIE (1982)

Lisa and I always had many movies we could relate to. Growing up watching the same movies as kids, we had a lot in common. We both enjoyed Tootsie as well, but she loved it. I liked it at the time, but didn't truly get it until later on in life. Suffice it to say, this film also holds a special place in my heart since we danced to "It Might Be You" at our wedding.

This has become a go to movie for my wife when she's feeling sick, or just wants to put something on that makes her smile. So now, every time I see Tootsie, I think of her.

One of her favorite quotes:

"Oh I know what y'all really want is some gross, caricature of a woman to prove some idiotic point that power makes a woman masculine, or masculine women are ugly. Well shame on you for letting a man do that, or any man that does that. That means you, dear. Miss Marshall. Shame on you, you macho shit head."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NYC in Films - My Personal Favorites

Painting with Shadows and Light

ReBONDing: Never Say Never Again