Day 26: A Movie That You Can't Imagine Watching Sober

REQUIEM FOR A DREAM (2000)

It's a bit of a contradiction (at least in theory of the post), but in some ways I can't imagine watching a movie about addiction while being sober. I've always said that this film needs to be a prerequisite for all youth entering into high school, and that it needs to be uncensored (for obvious reasons). What better way to keep our children off of drugs by scaring the hell out of them about what drug addiction can truly do to you?

It's still my favorite film by Darren Aronofsky, although I have yet to read the book Hubert Selby, Jr. It's powerful, emotional, and it makes you want to take a shower to wash off the filth when it's over. Yeah, it's that hard to watch this film sober.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NYC in Films - My Personal Favorites

Painting with Shadows and Light

ReBONDing: Never Say Never Again