Day 37: A Movie Premise That Makes You Say, "Now Why Didn't I Think Of That?"

ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND (2004)

Everyone has had those thoughts, those desires to erase the memories of a failed relationship. Even if not everyone, at least I knew that I had and when I saw this film for the first time I felt like such an idiot saying to myself, "Now why didn't I think of that?"

It's such a brilliant concept -- and deftly executed I might add -- that it stands out as one of the most original films I've ever seen. I would expect nothing less from the mind of Charlie Kaufman. What's even more satisfying about this film is that if it is true love, that it will find you, no matter what you do to erase it from existence...

Joel: "Is there any risk of brain damage?"
Howard: "Well, technically speaking, the operation is brain damage, but it's on a par with a night of heavy drinking. Nothing you'll miss."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NYC in Films - My Personal Favorites

Painting with Shadows and Light

ReBONDing: Never Say Never Again