Day 16: A Movie You Wish Had A Sequel

SILVERADO (1985)

This is like a 50/50 tie with today's selection. I would just as much wish this title had a sequel as much as I'm very glad there isn't one. We all know how sequels go and 90% of them end up devaluing the original and can end up creating a crappy franchise.

Silverado, to me, embodies the perfect western film: A great story, an ensemble cast, gorgeous scenery, a roaringly-good film score, efficient editing, multi-layered yet moral protagonists all executed with brilliant direction. To quote my wife, "re-watching this film is like having old friends over to visit." That's exactly how I feel about this film and why it has become increasingly difficult to find a western that can knock it down from the number one slot.

It would be nice though, to see these characters 25 years later and what they're doing now, if they aren't in fact, dead...

"Now, I don't wanna kill you, and you don't wanna be dead."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NYC in Films - My Personal Favorites

Painting with Shadows and Light

ReBONDing: Never Say Never Again