Day 17: A Movie Featuring Your Favorite Actress

GALAXY QUEST (1999)

I don't really have a favorite actress, but I do have favorite actors. (Does that make me sexest?) Anyway, I've always enjoyed watching Sigourney Weaver in almost everything she does, so I picked a film that she had to rely more on her comedic acting chops rather than dramatic. Why not dramatic? Anyone who has seen the Alien franchise knows she has no problem pulling off a tough and independent woman.

She perfectly embodied the beautiful bombshell Gwen DeMarco, who was obviously put on the show for her looks rather than anything else they thought she could bring to the table. She takes that role and makes it her own, just like everyone else is this picture. Excellent send up to "Star Trek". This is one of Lisa's favorite movies.

Gwen DeMarco: "Fred, you had a part people loved. I mean, my TV Guide interview was six paragraphs about my BOOBS and how they fit into my suit. No one bothered to ask me what I do on the show. "
Fred Kwan: "You were... the umm, wait a minute, I'll think of it..."
Gwen DeMarco: "I repeated the computer, Fred."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NYC in Films - My Personal Favorites

Painting with Shadows and Light

ReBONDing: Never Say Never Again