Day 11: A Good Movie With An Actor You Really Hate

RAISING ARIZONA (1987)

It's really hard for me to hate anyone. They're harsh words. But if I have to choose, I'm going for Nicholas Cage. I don't really hate the man, but I can't stand that he seems to have no problem jumping onto every single project without thinking on it first. I seriously believed at one point in his career that he was enormously talented, but the smaller 1995 gets in the rear-view mirror, the more I think it was may have been blind luck (Leaving Las Vegas).

Now it seems the man has no integrity and he'll do just about anything for a buck, whether it's crap or not (Drive Angry, Season of the Witch, The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Knowing, ...and the list goes on). Honestly I still think there's talent somewhere inside his skull of his, but he seems to compromise it in order to be able to balance his check book instead.

"Son, you got a panty on your head."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NYC in Films - My Personal Favorites

Painting with Shadows and Light

ReBONDing: Never Say Never Again