Day 79: A Movie That Spoke to a Generation

TOY STORY TRILOGY (1995, 1999, 2010)

Toy Story and its sequels, spoke to me in three, very precise ways. The first film spoke to my inner child;  my active imagination playing for hours on end with Star Wars figures, Transformers, LEGOS, or whatever else I could get my hands on. The second film spoke to my inner-geek; the "collector" in me that never really collected anything worth value and knowing that even though what toys I still had were very used -- in which I didn't care -- because I enjoyed playing with them. That's what they were there for: my enjoyment. The third film spoke to me as an adult; having to grow up, learning to let go of childish things.

The Toy Story Trilogy spoke to every generation both as a child and then as an adult. It crossed over generations -- it intersected them -- no matter when or where you grew up. As a series, it truly held no boundaries as to what generation it spoke to, because it spoke to them all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Painting with Shadows and Light

NYC in Films - My Personal Favorites

ReBONDing: Goldfinger