Day 76: Favorite Remake or Re-envisioning


This category was much more difficult a choice than I first thought it would be for me. While I've seen dozens upon dozens of remakes, I wanted my choice to be one where I was completely familiar with the original film. For those of you that are unaware, The Magnificent Seven is a remake of Seven Samurai (one of the greatest films ever made on planet earth).

Yul Brynner plays Chris Evans, the group's leader and resident bad-ass (he made being bald cool before it was cool) and Vin the drifter, played by the cool-tempered Steve McQueen. Along with James Coburn, Charles Bronson, Robert Vaughn, and Eli Wallach as the leader of the Mexican bandits -- even after 50+ years, this film still boldly puts on display a well-paced adventure of good versus evil. Additionally, Elmer Bernstein's score is a rare treat, an added bonus of the likes that you don't ever see come out of Hollywood anymore.

I almost picked this film, but in the end, it's the same remake...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ReBONDing: Goldfinger

My Thoughts on Kevin Smith and Clerks III

ReBONDing: Diamonds Are Forever