Day 77: Favorite Character Actor/Actress

STEVE BUSCEMI in Fargo

For close to twenty years I've watched Steve Buscemi played second, third or even forth fiddle to the main protagonist/antagonist in dozens of independent and Hollywood films. And I've pretty much loved him in all of them. I enjoy the quirky weirdness he brings to every role and how Joel & Ethan Coen would come up with different ways to kill his character in their movies; discovering that his remains would get smaller with every death was just downright brilliant.

My favorite role of Steve Buscemi, however, is his portrayal of Carl Showalter if Fargo. He plays the sleazy slime-ball selfish kidnapping thief to absolute perfection. "Just keep it still back there, lady, or we're going to have to, you know, shoot you."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ReBONDing: Goldfinger

My Thoughts on Kevin Smith and Clerks III

ReBONDing: Diamonds Are Forever