Day 71: Favorite Western Movie

TOMBSTONE (1993)

A few years back I put together a list of my favorite westerns. I even put them in order from 10 to 1. Since the creation of that list -- while I believe none of them have been kicked off -- the order has most likely been rearranged. Strictly holding myself to the rules that I've put in place (because I'm that dork), I already placed my truly favorite western, Silverado,  in Day 16.

So initially you would think I'd then go with number two. But that's not the case here. I chose Tombstone over The Good, the Bad and the Ugly for the simple fact that while I love Sergio Leone's epic spaghetti western with all my heart, I have to be in the mood to watch it (I recently had this revelation not too long ago). Tombstone, on the other hand, I can watch anytime. Pop it into the DVD player -- or come across it while flipping channels -- and I'm stuck to couch for the next two hours. So, for that reason alone, is why it has reached the pinnacle of this category today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ReBONDing: Goldfinger

My Thoughts on Kevin Smith and Clerks III

ReBONDing: Diamonds Are Forever