Day 44: Favorite Animated Feature Film

WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT (1988)

I almost went in a different direction but glad I thought of this film last night. This film skillfully, ingeniously, and seamlessly combined live action with animation. You can't deny that this isn't an animated feature and it was all done without CGI. Roger Rabbit has a fantastic script, with great humor along with a perfectly placed murder mystery all in the middle. I loved it as a kid and I still love it to this day... and I have yet to see another film like it since.

Roger Rabbit: "Yeah. Check the probate. Why, my Uncle Thumper had a problem with HIS probate, and he had to take these big pills, and drink lots of water."
Eddie Valiant: "Not prostate, you idiot, PROBATE!"


(With an estimated production budget of $70 million at the time of its release, Who Framed Roger Rabbit was the most expensive film produced in the 1980s and had the longest on-screen credits for a film.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NYC in Films - My Personal Favorites

Painting with Shadows and Light

ReBONDing: Never Say Never Again