Day 40: A Movie You Wish More People Would've Seen

BRICK (2005)

I think this was a hard film for the general viewing public to want to watch. Brick was a film festival darling and because of it, it never reached many theaters. And that's too bad, because it's amazing. Rian Johnson successfully combined Shakespeare and 1940s Noir to create one hell of a high school pulp murder mystery. All I know is that we never spoke like this at my high school... and it may take more than one viewing to completely grasp everything that's going on.

"Throw one at me if you want, hash head. I've got all five senses and I slept last night, that puts me six up on the lot of you."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NYC in Films - My Personal Favorites

Painting with Shadows and Light

ReBONDing: Never Say Never Again